In my next series of videos I am going to share with you how to build your own push notifications server with PHP & MySQL. And since this blog is about iOS Apps development with Swift programming language, I will also share with you how to send and receive a new push message in your mobile application built in Swift.
Next videos will cover:
- How to build your own push notifications server with PHP & MySQL
- How to create and send push message with PHP
- How to send push message to a specific iOS device
- How to send push message to multiple devices or all devices registered with our Swift app
- How to send push message and pass along with it additional information to our app
- How to specify a push message badge number
- How to send a push message and specify which sound to play on device when push message arrives
- How to receive push message on iOS device with Swift
- How to read and display push message on iOS device
- How to perform a specific action in Swift mobile app based on the content of push message.
- I will also record a video on how to create and lunch your very own linux web server on Amazon Web Services EC2 and will show you how to install on it PHP, MySQL and Apache2 web server, so that you you indeed can have your very own push notifications server for your Swift app.
If you have a request for a specific functionality I did not list above, please comment below and I will see if I can do it for you :).
I will be publishing videos in this blog post and I hope these videos will bring you some value.
And if you would like to receive more free video tutorials from me, please subscribe to my blog.
Introduction to PHP Scripts
Import Database Tables
Copy PHP Scripts Into Local Project
Generating Apple Push Notification Service Certificates
Generating iOS App Production & Development Certificates
Add iOS Device to the List of Devices
Generate iOS Provisioning Profiles and Add Provisioning Profiles to Xcode
Configure PHP Scripts for Sending Push Notifications
Configure AppDelegate Swift File to Register for Push Notifications
Configure App Transport Security in Info.plist File
Register App to Receive Push Notifications and Store Device Details in Database
Create and Send Push Notification From a PHP Script
Display Push Notification in the App With Swift Code
And if you did not check my little kindle book on Amazon, I will be very happy if you do so and provide me with some feedback :). Here a link: goo.gl/dIBKpv
P.S. Other blog posts of mine that make use of PHP & MySQL:
UISegmentedControl with UITableView example in Swift. Part 2.